Veoneer develops and produces various Safety devices for Automotive applications, such as Airbag ECU, RSU, Vision, Night Vision and Radar systems. Core development of these sensors is located in Veoneer Platform development teams in EU or USA. Project Application and Quality Interface for Japanese OEM should be based in Japan. When the production volumes will have reached sufficient volumes, Veoneer plans as well to locate production of some of these Active Safety products in the Asia Pacific region.
Quality management for development and production is therefore key to ensure stable growth.
- Report directly to the Japan Quality Manager.
- Single point of contact at Veoneer manufacture facility for Japanese OEMs.
- Responsible at the plant and engineering center for the quality information management to the customers.
- Coordinate the problem solving for all customer quality concerns. Interface with the customers and the problem solving team located in manufacture facility and engineering center.
- Requests the return of the defective products and manage parts at reception.
- Ensures customer approval (PPAP, PSW, …) as part of the “product on market approval”.
- Review warranty claim from customers and lead the warranty activities at the plant and the related compensation claims in response to the customer requests. Escalates the product and process concerns.
- Lead customer visits and audits as the Japan site contact
- Responsible for timely responses per customer requirements. Escalate the issue if there is any roadblock.
- Responsible for proactive collecting customer rating and quality indications.
- Responsible for acting on Customer Rating and Scorecards improvements at the respective Veoneer facility or engineering center. Involves negotiations of NCEs (Non Confirming Event) and rejects if it is proved that it is not the issue on Veoneer side.
- Supports the launches of new products at the customer locations.
- Manage the PDI activities at the 3rd party warehouse if needed.
- Lead on-site sorting activities and any rework activity at the customer facility in relation with the internal activities.
- Responsible for supplying data on time (NCE status, reject quantities) for internal reporting (NCT etc).
<Education and Experience>
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or equivalent.
- Depending on size of facility, requires 5-10 years working experience related with customer quality window for quality issues management in serial production and warranty.
- Preferably 3-5 years’ experience in electronics design or manufacturing.
<Must Have Technical skill>
- Knowledge of automotive quality system (IATF 16949) and proficiency in application of quality manuals (APQP, FMEA, SPC, MSA, PPAP).
- Utilizes problem solving activities for understanding effects of quality decisions on other area of the facility.
- Knowledge in Quality tools (5Why, FTA, 4M, 8D, etc.)
- Knowledge of electronics process and manufacturing plants.
- Knowledge of Customer specific requirement and guidelines (ANPQP, SQM) and PCBA manufacture process.
- Computer tools: MS Office pack
<Nice to Have Technical Skill>
- Knowledge of engineering quality is a plus (A-SPICE, functional safety ISO 26262 etc).
- Experience on project management is a plus.
The candidate must be keen to build strong communication bridges within engineering centers, overseas manufacture plants and accommodate cultural differences.
The candidate can be flexible and liaise with EU/US despite the time zone difference.
The main interlocutors of the candidate will be:
- Project Team
- Veoneer oversea manufacture plants (China, EU, NA).
- Quality team located in other countries
The candidate must be committed to:
- Results minded behaviors
- Respect of commitments and manage execution
- Thorough processes
- Team spirit
- Methodical approach
- Total Quality
- Drive customer focus
Overseas business trips are required periodically.(Approx. once a year)
- English： Business Level
- Japanese： Business Level
- Working conditions and benefits are listed at the bottom of the top page Link